Monday, October 22, 2012

A day of unspeakable sadness

A little over a year ago, my husband and I traveled to New Orleans, to gather with other Children of Hoarders at Dr. Chabaud's research center. One of the people I was most interested in meeting was Sidney Patrick, a spunky, sassy, talented writer who had posted comments on my blog and whose blog I had begun to follow.

Sidney in person was exactly how I imagined her to be from her writing: freckle faced and wholesome but with a wit that was razor-sharp and wickedly funny. She was an amazing advocate for the Anti-Hoarding cause, Children of Hoarders' best Champion. She cared deeply about us, and the issues that plague us, a result of the damage we sustained after life in the hoard.

I, for one, can't believe she's gone. What will we do without that bright voice? Who will make us laugh with her crazy chilcken remarks?

I would like to send prayers and deepest condolences to the Patrick family and to Greg, on the loss of dear Sidney.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter XHTML Strict