Sunday, April 25, 2010

What next?

I haven't posted for a while, mainly because I've been working on the book from which these excerpts have been taken.
I won't be posting any more from the actual book, but I hope readers have enjoyed what I've shared so far("enjoy" probably isn't the right word; rather, I hope they were meaningful or helpful to someone ).
I would like to continue sharing some stories from my experience as a child of a hoarder. The next series of postings will be from the period of time after "Nice Children Stolen from Car," when
I leave the hoard that is my home, and start the journey toward a normal life.
I should have the first one from that series posted in a day or two.

3 comments:

  1. I think your blog is fascinating. My MIL is a hoarder and it's like a puzzle I want to solve as to why she's so messed up. Why is all this crap so important when it's just crap? I also think my Dad would be a hoarder if my Mom didn't just swoop in and throw stuff away. They fight, she says TS and then chucks it when he's not home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Barbara
    Thank you so much for your wonderful and funny pieces. Some of what you wrote was a version of what I lived for 19 years in my mother's house. I'm one of nine kids, and was drawn to the hoarding program on Fresh Air, that was broadcast last week. I found your post there. I feel as if I know you. What a relief to know that a lot of what I struggle with today is a result of living in that sad place....I'm going to stick around and read more. Thank you again.
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gail,
    I only wish I could have known there were others like me when I was growing up. It would have made things easier to bear! Thank you for your kind remarks; that's what I want from my vignettes: to be meaningful and comforting to those who have lived through similar circumstances!
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter XHTML Strict